Kinsta Review 2019: Is Kinsta a good web hosting provider? Kinsta is an innovative new type of fully-managed premium WordPress hosting solution. Their web hosting is unlike any traditional shared, VPS, or dedicated infrastructure you may be used to.
This Kinsta review explores the pros and cons of their features and service, speed, pricing and more. We will also compare Kinsta to the most popular web hosting provider, SiteGround. You may be surprised by what we’ve discovered!
Honest Kinsta Review - HostingRadar.co Rating
Kinsta Review Basics
The resources Kinsta provides are 100% private and are not shared between anyone else – even your own websites!
This alone allows websites hosted with Kinsta to load extremely fast.
Another important factor to mention is that Kinsta has server centers in 24 locations worldwide, spanning 5 continents.
This is really, really good for speed and reliability, which we will dive into in a moment.
How To Create A Website For Free: Get The Guide!
Similar To Kinsta
Pros Of Kinsta Hosting
- Very Fast: Uses premier tier Google Cloud Platform
- Easy-to-use interface: My Kinsta dashboard is a modern, beginner friendly improvement from CPanel
- Security: Above industry average security features including free SSL certificate
- Features: Malware and hacker protection, daily backups, site recovery
- Support: Fast 24/7 support
- 30 Day money-back guarantee: Unsatisfied? Contact Kinsta within 30 days for a full refund (new customers).
The number of features that Kinsta provides its customers with is quite impressive.
- Reliable and fast network
- Premium CDN
- Lets Encrypt SSL
- Detailed performance analytics
- Staging environments, automatic daily backups and the option to create manual backup points anytime
- Full page caching at the server-level to deliver content almost instantaneously to visitors
- Kinsta’s own MU caching plugin
- PHP 7, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and even 7.4
- Hacker protection and free fix with immediate priority
- Server-level rules and optimizations for WooCommerce
- 1 – 3 Free white glove migrations performed by the expert support team
- MyKinsta Demo, a fully-operational demo environment to test our user panel (this could boost your affiliate program income)
- External Backups – with the new external backups add-on, you can back up your WordPress site to either Amazon S3 or Google Cloud Storage
- Site Renaming in MyKinsta
- Boosting Monthly Visits for Starter and Pro Plans – up to a 200% performance boost at no additional cost since these are the fastest Google Cloud servers available
- New wp_get_environment_type() Function at Kinsta when working on our staging and live environments
More Web Hosting Reviews
Fast servers are important for website performance and page speed.
Where your host’s server is located geographically is an important thing to take into consideration.
You want your hosting server to be located as close to where your main traffic is.
As a Kinsta customer, you have the benefit of choosing from 24 data centers located across the globe.
If needed, you could utilize a different data center for each of your websites, in fact.
Where are Kinsta’s data centers located?
- Council Bluffs, Iowa, USA
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- The Dalles, Oregon, USA
- Ashburn, Virginia, USA
- Moncks Corner, South Carolina, USA
- Montréal, Canada
- São Paulo, Brazil
- London, UK
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Jurong West, Singapore
- St. Ghislain, Belgium
- Changhua County, Taiwan
- Sydney, Australia
- Tokyo, Japan
- Mumbai, India
- Hamina, Finland
- Hong Kong, Asia
- Salt Lake City, USA
- Eemshaven, Netherlands
- Zürich, Switzerland
- Osaka, Japan
- Seoul, South Korea
- Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Jakarta, Indonesia
We are also impressed with the excellent security features that Kinsta provides its customers with.
Some of these security features go above and beyond what typical web hosting companies provide.
Notable Kinsta security features:
- You can protect your login by enabling two-factor authentication
- IPs that have more than 6 failed login attempts are automatically banned
- Only encrypted SFTP and SSH connections are supported (no FTP).
- Secure Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates are included with all plans and are installed with one click
- Strong passwords are automatically enforced on all new WordPress installs
- Kinsta automatically applies minor WordPress security patches whenever any are available. This keeps your website up to date without you having to worry about it.
Spam And Hacker Protection
Kinsta offers high-quality spam and hacker protection.
From the My Kinsta dashboard, you can easily see and block IPs of known threats.
In addition, Kinsta provides a hack-free guarantee: If your site is compromised while on the Kinsta network, they will fix it for free.
Kinsta‘s user dashboard is called ‘My Kinsta.’ It offers all the functions of CPanel or Plex, but with extended features and an improved design.
The way My Kinsta is laid out is very modern and user-friendly.
From the My Kinsta dashboard customers can monitor site performance, access SSL, create redirects and review site analytics, among other features.
You can also add team members with multi-user access, and allow different permissions levels for team members.
This allows you to have control over who can have access to what parts of your website and business while keeping other parts private or limited.
From your My Kinsta dashboard, you can create a WordPress website with just one click.
The process is completely straightforward and newbie-proof.
Fill in your website name, choose a secure password, and voila! Your new WordPress website is installed and ready to be customized.
New WordPress site? Read this helpful and essential guide: 30+ Things To Do After Installing WordPress
Kinsta includes a number of free white glove migrations performed by a Kinsta tech, depending on the plan you choose.
Once you have used up your free white glove migrations, you can order the service for $100 per migration.
Note, if you migrate your site(s) yourself, there is no fee.
Kinsta Customer Support
Contacting Kinsta is as easy as logging into your My Kinsta dashboard and using the live chat service.
Related: What is Cloud Hosting? What Is VPS? 7 Different Types Of Web Hosting Solutions Explained
Kinsta‘s pricing tiers start at $30 per month and depending on your resource requirements and budget, go all the way up to $1500 per month.
No matter which plan you are on, the free SSL & CDN is included, as well as 100% resource isolation. So your resources are never shared with anyone else.
- 1 WordPress install
- 25,000 visits
- 10 GB disk space
- Free SSL & CDN
- 2 WordPress installs
- 50,000 visits
- 20 GB disk space
- Free SSL & CDN
- 5 WordPress installs
- 100,000 visits
- 30 GB disk space
- Free SSL & CDN
- 10 WordPress installs
- 250,000 visits
- 40 GB disk space
- Free SSL & CDN
Kinsta also offers business 3 & 4, and enterprise plans that provide up to 250 GB disk space, 150 WordPress installs, and more free white glove migrations.
Unlike other web hosting providers, Kinsta doesn’t offer coupons.
But, if you pay yearly for any plan, you will get 2 months free.
Kinsta 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Kinsta offers a 30-Day money back guarantee if you cancel your service within the first 30 days.
To note, this guarantee is available to first-time customers only. Returning customers are eligible for a partial refund of unused fees.
==> Read the fine print for more information about Kinsta’s money-back guarantee, here.
Switching To Kinsta
Kinsta provides a top of the line, extremely fast hosting solution that is many tiers above shared hosting environments.
Considering the monthly price of SiteGround’s Go Geek shared plan is €13.99 per month, we feel that switching to Kinsta Pro at $60 would be a worthy upgrade for someone wanting a cloud infrastructure.
Kinsta Cloud Hosting vs SiteGround Cloud Hosting
SiteGround vs Kinsta:
SiteGround Cloud Hosting Pricing And Plans
Kinsta Cloud Hosting Pricing And Plans
SiteGround vs Kinsta Compared
|Solutions||Managed WordPress cloud only||Shared, Managed WordPress,|
VPS, Dedicated, Cloud
|Pricing||Starting at $30/month|
Starting at €5.99/month
Cloud starting at €64/month
|Core Infrastructure||Same across all plans||Varies per plan|
|Global Data Centers||24 locations||6 locations|
|Network||Low-latency and redundant GCP network on all plans||Limited carriers|
|Server-Level Caching||Full-page cache on all plans||Varies by plan|
|One-click Backup Restore||Free on all plans||Free on all shared hosting plans|
Free daily backups to restore to previous days version
|Resources||100% resource isolation on all plans||Shared, Cloud, Dedicated|
|Free White Glove Migrations||Free, even from the starter plan||StartUp plan or higher (limited to 1)|
|Cost of Additional White Glove Migrations||$100||$30|
|Resources Limits||Only limited by PHP workers||Limits on connections, CPU, memory|
|Free Hack Fixes||✓||✓|
|Money-Back Guarantee||30 days||30 days|
Kinsta Review In Conclusion: Do We Recommend Kinsta As A Good Web Hosting Provider?
Yes, we can recommend Kinsta as an excellent web hosting provider.
Although Kinsta pricing is on the high end, so is the service that they provide.
We feel that the price is reasonable, considering the premium features and service you get.
However, Kinsta probably would not be the right choice for a new blogger who is concerned with cost.
But if you have a bigger website and require more resources and seamless service, or if you simply prefer to have the best cloud service regardless of cost, then Kinsta may the perfect web hosting solution for you.
==> HOST WITH KINSTA